Tuesday, November 2, 2010

11.2.10 Mission #18 VOTING Day!

It is not easy to find people these days who genuinely believe in Washington to make meaningful change in our country. However, that doesn't mean we give up on the individual opportunities given to us to make change. I personally believe that good policy and legislation can impact millions of people in a positive and powerful way. So, my way of making this world a little better today was through voting. Today is the midterm election day where people vote for state and local representatives. As I stepped into the polls, I wanted to thanks those who are taking a step towards making a change they believe in ;) I chose a quote from Confucius: "A journey of a thousand miles beings with a single step."

Was it Halloween? I had so much candy/chocolate left!

2 comments:

  1. Hi. My name is Luis and I wanted to let you know that I was the individual who found your "random act of kindness". Although I was hesitant and wondered if this was some sort of entrapment or way to try and entrap someone, or possibly cause an issue with the election I decided to take the envelope. I found it Intriguing because it was my first time voting and I am 40 years old. Now that I have returned to higher education and my life experience has given me much knowledge I am making changes in my life to help others. My first step was quitting smoking and donating the money I used to spend on cigarettes to various charitable causes. The second was on November 2, 2010 by going to vote for change. Later this year I will also begin serving my community thru outreach. What you are doing is a wonderful thing. Your so welcome for change I am trying to make to help others!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Some other individual must have taken and enjoyed the chocolate, LOL!

    ReplyDelete